Thursday, January 29, 2009

I won!

I think my excitement for speed work yesterday was a tad premature. I was excited to push myself, but I forgot how hard it was going to be. Man, was it hard! I ran 7 miles total with 5 miles at a 8:27 pace. The first three speed miles were okay, but the last mile and a half was brutal! I had a really huge battle with my mind and body which were both telling me to stop. I really doubted whether I could do it. I kept having this conversation with myself telling myself that I needed to do it. If I stopped short of my goal I would doubt myself and be mad at myself. The last 1/4 miles was torture but.... I did it!

I felt so great when I finished. Well, actually, I felt horrible. I had a mile recovery and I had to walk the first few minutes. Let me change that. After I recovered, I felt awesome. I did it! I didn't give into my doubts or my body and I finished my speed work.

Now I'm ready for a nap.

No comments: