Wednesday, January 28, 2009

looking forward to speedwork

I know this sounds crazy... it is crazy. I can't help it though. I'm looking forward to my speedwork workout tomorrow. I've dreaded them during this whole training program-and tomorrow I'm not. Why you ask? I'm not exactly sure, but it seems my attitude to training has changed somehow. Part of it is the previously explained Biggest Loser insight to how your mind controls your body. Part of it is the fact that my husband has been out of town this week and I've missed 2 workouts.

I feel like I can do so much more than I give myself credit for. I limit myself so much by my thoughts (there's deeper spiritual insight there). I'm not a super confident person, but I feel like it's time to change that when it comes to running. I want to run a 1:53 half marathon. Who's to say I can't? If I want to do it- I can!

Tomorrow I'm supposed to run 7 miles- 5 at an 8:29 pace. I don't think I can do it- I know I can... and I'm going to!

No comments: