Sunday, January 18, 2009

another one bites the dust

I made it through my treadmill workout! I'm so psyched. It was one of the hardest workouts I've ever done- and I was sore the next day. I tried not to be intimidated by the 8:28 pace I was supposed to keep over 5 miles. I started out at a 8:40 pace and kept increasing my speed each mile. I ended at an 8:27 pace. I didn't exactly do what I was supposed to, but I was happy with the effort.

Today's challenge was a 9 mile run. I was dreading it, but it too was good. My pace was 9:50 per mile and my goal was 9:51. Perfect. BTW- these aren't just random time goals. I'm following a half marathon training program from Runner's World. Each day has a distance to run and a pace to run it at. My next run is a slow 2 mile run. However, on Wednesday I have a 8 mile speedwork workout. 4x1600 at a 7:51 pace (ha, ha) with 800 jogs in between. Go luck to me!

I am getting excited though. 7 weeks from today I'll be running my half marathon. I'm encouraged by today's run.

No comments: