Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Year

Wow, I just re-read my old posts and wish I hadn't taken such a long break. It's good to go back and read about what my workouts were like and what I was going through. I can't believe it's been over three months since I've posted anything. Let's see, I've run a 10K and a Turkey Trot and am less than 8 weeks away from my half marathon. I'm scheduled to run 9 miles this weekend. The 10K was great considering I wasn't trained for it. The Turkey Trot (8K) was awesome- I averaged an 8:33 pace which is great for me!

Right now I'm kind of stuck in the doldrums of winter training. It's cold and I don't like to run in the cold- especially 9 miles. Tomorrow morning I'm facing 7 miles on a treadmill with speedwork thrown in. I'm afraid I won't be able to get all my miles in before getting kicked off the treadmill. (There's a 30 minute time limit.) The gym was packed with people and their New Year Resolutions so, I'll have to see.

My leg has been acting up which is my biggest concern. It was super sore last week. Fortunately it was my recovery week so I took a day off and just had two four mile runs to do. It doesn't hurt at all now, but I have a 20 mile week this week and a 21 mile week next week. I hope it holds up.

I'm excited for the race, but at the moment I can't fathom running 13.1 miles. It seems so long! After my last 8 mile run I was beat and I couldn't help wondering if I could possibly do another 5. I have to say the answer was a resounding "NO!"

No comments: