Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Marathon Training?

I took the plunge and decided to officially sign up for our local marathon training program. I've been contemplating it for a while. I'm so afraid I'm going to get hurt in the process that I don't want to make it "official". Whatever, Lisa.

Tomorrow morning at 6:30 I have a two mile time trial at the local track. I've heard from someone who's done it that it's very official (they have a real time clock). I know I shouldn't be nervous but I wouldn't be me if I wasn't. I really have no idea what to expect. I can run an 8:35 pace for 3.1 miles- can I run an 8 minute mile for 2? My biggest fear is that I'll start out too fast and die at the end. Or else, start out too slow and be mad at myself because I could have run faster. It doesn't matter- at the end of it I'll be able to get a customized training program. I'd prefer it to be more conservative anyway, so it's probably better if I'm not too fast.

On another note- I biked 19 miles last weekend and got an 8 mile run in. My leg feels good, just a slight tightness that I'm keeping my eye on.

No comments: