Thursday, June 4, 2009

Biggest Loser Challenge

I joined "The Biggest Loser Challenge" on sparkpeople.com. I first joined this website when I started training for the Princess Half. I've had between 10-15 pounds to lose for a while now and thought this might be the way to get it off. Today is the second day.

So far it has worked. Today I didn't want to get out of bed. In fact, I was planning on not getting up when the alarm went off at 5:10. With a little shove from my husband (okay, several little shoves), I got out of bed and stumbled to get ready. I was so tired I was dizzy. (My little one was up coughing late last night.) What really got me out of bed though, was my team and how I couldn't bail on them on only the second day. I still don't get the whole thing, but I do know I need to lose weight and the only way that's going to happen is if I get myself out of bed.

So, 30 minutes of swimming today. It seemed especially hard. The pool was long (50 m instead of 25). I was sweating when I was done! Sweating in water is pretty hard so I must have really been working. Tomorrow is strength training and this weekend is another 19 mile bike ride and a 5 mile run.

No comments: