Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Time Trial Done

I finished my 2 mile time trial in 16:28 which translates to an 8:14 mile. I'm happy. I could have run faster, but I'm still happy.

I showed up 25 minutes early to get a warm up run in. I was thinking maybe a mile and a half. As soon as I started running I knew I had to make a trip to the bathroom. (Those nerves!) Now, another quirk about me is that I refuse to go to the bathroom in a port-o-potty unless it's absolutely necessary. My gym is close to the track so I thought I'd just run there and run back in time. After going just a little way I realized it was further than I thought. So, I ran back to my car and drove to the gym. I headed back to the track with 12 minutes to spare. I saw everyone heading to the track so I did a 3 minute warm up and then headed over myself. I missed all the instructions and got there about 2 minutes before it started. I asked the lady next to me what I needed to know and she just said "Stay out of the fast people's way.". I can do that. Off I ran.

My pace was steady throughout. In fact, my first mile was 8:15. I really don't know how to pace myself for that distance, so I was being conservative. I sprinted the last eighth of a mile. I do know that at the end of a 2 mile race you should NOT be able to sprint at the end. Oh well, live and learn I guess. I'm excited to have this behind me and get my training program soon.

No comments: