Monday, October 10, 2011

Headache

I've had a headache the past two days and skipped my run today because of it. I haven't had one in awhile and am starting to notice a pattern between the way I eat and how I feel. (Duh, it's only taken me how long to figure that out?!) I guess it's obvious that I've been eating crappy. Today was a good day (eating wise), but I still have the headache. I guess it's going to take a few days to detox my body. The question I have for myself is "WHY DON'T I EVER LEARN?!" I can't even count the number of times I've been right where I am now: feeling bad and detoxing. Every time I do, I swear I'm not going to let it happen to me again. But here I am again. Why am I so thick headed? I pray that I wake up tomorrow and feel better (and that I learn my lesson once and for all!).

The runs have been going well. I've thrown in some speedwork for the first time. I can feel my PF in my feet (yup, both of them), but it's just talking to me. It's under control for the moment, but if I feel like it's getting worse, I'll bag the speed work. I have a 13 miler this weekend. It's actually a half, but I'm not racing it at all. That's really hard for me since there will be an "official" time, but I need to force myself to do it. I'm less than 5 weeks out and feeling pretty good. I have some important runs coming up. I'm not concerned that I can do the distance, I'm just unsure of my pace. I need to pick it up if I'm going to meet my goal...

Stay tuned...

No comments: