Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Good-bye headache, hello schedule problems

I woke up this morning and still had a headache. I thought it was better, but once I started moving around I actually got dizzy. Not good. I ended up taking 2 naps before lunch. (Yup, me the one who is supposed to be schooling these children.) We got through doing the bare minimum work.

It's almost 11pm now and the headache is almost gone. I'm confident I'll wake up tomorrow feeling 100%. Here's the problem: I was supposed to run yesterday and today and obviously skipped those two runs (one was going to be speedwork). I have another run scheduled for Thursday and thought I could make one up tomorrow. The problem is it's going to rain. 90% chance when I'm supposed to run. That kind of puts a kink in my plans. Although I want to go to my freaking out place, I'm fighting hard not too. I'm ahead in my training and missing two runs isn't going to make or break me. I'm giving my plantar fasciitis a chance to rest which is probably better in the long run. I'll change my Thursday run and make it longer (it looks like rain then too, but we'll see what happens). If I have to run the half on Saturday without running all week, I'll just look at it as a taper week. It shouldn't be a big deal.

Wow, that sounds so logical when I type it. why do I get so worked up over these things. I'm going to try really hard to look at the positives (like the fact that my headache is almost gone, right?).

No comments: