Saturday, October 18, 2008

Week one down

I'm done with week one of my training. I'm not blogging to say that. I'm actually writing to laugh at myself. I ran 5 miles today. The run started off really well. It was cold outside, but I warmed up quickly. I had no time goals, I just needed to get 5 miles in. Around mile 2 1/2 of an out an back course, I remember thinking how well the run was going and I was having one of those days when I feel like I can run forever. I haven't had one of those in a long time. I thought, "I wonder if I'll actually run further", which led to "I wonder how far I can run?".

Where's the laughing at myself part of that, you ask? Well it came of the back side of the out and back. The reason I was having such a great run is because the wind was at my back on the way out. Needless to say, the run wasn't as effortless on the way back. I chuckled to myself as the wind hit me in the face. And no, I didn't run any further than five miles.

No comments: