Monday, October 13, 2008

back on the wagon?

I have been undisciplined, unmotivated and discouraged for the past month. I haven't exercised much and have struggled with how to get back into it. I wonder if it's post triathlon blues? Really. I worked so hard for so long and then didn't have any goals. I just fell apart. I think (hope) I'm finally ready to get back on the exercise wagon.

I downloaded a 10K training program from Nike.com. I can track my progress using my iPod. Tomorrow it officially starts. I run 3 miles. This weekend it's 5. It takes me through January and I'll max out at 8 miles. That gives me 7 weeks to jump to 13 before my half-marathon. It may not be enough time. I'll have to see how it goes.

I did The Biggest Loser workout this afternoon. It was hard. I'm out of shape. It's discouraging how quickly it happens. A few weeks ago I was in great shape and now I'm back to mush. Wouldn't it be nice if once you got there, you stayed there? In my dreams. I sound like a whiner. Where is Jillian to kick my whiney butt? She would too. I know she'd probably make me cry like a baby and make my body do things it can't. It would be good for me though; that is, after I stop crying and can walk again.

No comments: