Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm back!

It is my intent to keep this blog up to date- mostly so I can look back and see where I've been. But.. I just can't do it. It feels like I just started the fitness program, "Making the Cut", but it's been over a month! I need to get a grip!

Now that that's out of the way.... Here's my progress. I made it through the first round of "Making the Cut" and am on my second day of doing the whole thing again. I made some mistakes the first time which I hope to correct. First of all, I only did the full circuit 1x and I'm supposed to do it 2x. My rationale was that I wanted to get in cardio. One time through takes me a little over 30 minutes so two times is tight. I want to try it though. I'll have to find a time later in the day to get my cardio in. (Not that the circuit doesn't count as cardio because I sweat my head off and my heart rate is off the charts!) I need to figure out how to get some triathlon training in. That is why I'm doing this after all! I recruited my friend Barbara to do it with me and I'm excited to have a partner.

Good news! I ran my first 5K of the season last weekend and it felt really good. Even with the limited amount of running I've been doing, I felt strong. I was running 2x a week with a 2 mile run mid week and a 4 miler on the weekend which is not a great amount. I don't know my official time (I forgot to stop my watch at the end), but I'm encouraged! My first mile was 8:30 and my second was 8:24. I had plenty of energy to sprint at the end too. Once they post the results online I'll post tmy time.

I'm off to a swim clinic tonight and am excited to get some feedback on my form. I swam 40 laps last week but it was way too slow!

No comments: