Friday, March 21, 2008

New Workout Clothes, Baby!

I did it! I made it through the first week! Wow, what a week it was. I've taken a nap every day and had a headache. Yesterday was the first day I was headache free. I'm sure it was my body going through detox. I've had no coffee, no sugar, and no processed food. I think I've turned the corner as far as my energy goes. The workouts are still killing me, and I don't feel stronger. BUT.....

I've lost over 5 pounds! I'm really shocked. I really am. I'm so psyched and it's so motivating. Looking at the scale got me to the gym this morning. (Actually, I was going to go anyway, but it sure made me work out harder!) Something's working, and I just need to stick with it.

My highlights for the week: I've eaten food I've never had before- Fennel (I made it with Salmon and proscuito and I have to say- It was awesome!), Eggplant (with Mahi-Mahi- not so great), and lots of garlic. I've done more pushups than ever before, but I still need to do them the girl way. (Jillian would not be happy with me.) Hopefully, that will improve.

I've got the next two days off and Easter looming. I'm going to try my best to keep it together and not fall off the wagon.

1 comment:

Mama Fish said...

Wow! Five pounds is awesome! I know how hard that is for you, as you don't have a lot to lose, so 5 is BIG! Way to go! I had to laugh when I ready our thoughts about Jillian yelling at you and y ou collapsing onto the floor. Too funny!