Wednesday, March 19, 2008

End of one challenge, start of another

It's been a long time since I posted here. I can never seem to find the time. I have a million ideas in my head- I just need someone to reach in there and pull them out and post them here!

So... the challenge between me and my hubby... I unofficially won. He lasted about 3 days and then fell off the wagon. I did really well for the first week but when he jumped ship and then bought himself two pairs of shorts (supposed to be our prize!), I kind of lost my motivation. I still lost two pounds.

That's the good news. The bad news is we went on our vacation and I gained both pounds back. I ate so, so, so, so poorly. I did manage to exercise, so I guess it could have been worse. I celebrated my birthday in FL and got Jillian Michael's book, "Making the Cut". Which leads me to the real topic of this post.

New challenge. I decided to try Jillian's 30 day workout plan. It's basically circut training 4 days a week and an eating plan. I'm going to try my best to follow it all for 30 days. My hubby decided to give me some extra incentive: Every week I complete it exactly, I can buy something for my workouts. That's huge for me! I'm highly motivated! I'm on my third day and the workouts are brutal. I've followed the whole program it to a T and I'm very tired and sore. I actually had a moment when I was trying to do this exercise called Mountain Climbers, (kind of like climbing a really steep mountain on your hands and feet) and I could hear Jillian yelling at me. I was half laughing (I was in too much pain to really laugh). Picture me trying to lift my leg and not being able to. I just couldn't! In my head Jillian is yelling at me to do another one and I couldn't. In the end, I collapsed on the floor in exhaustion. I think I got a tiny glimpse of what the contestents on The Biggest Loser go through.

So, I've got 27 and a half more days. I haven't been this sore in a long, long time. I'm really interested to see what results I can get. Today is my off day from the circuts, but tomorrow it's back to the torture!

No comments: