Monday, December 28, 2009

time to get back on the wagon

One run in two weeks does not make for a happy me. I've been snowed in, the gym was closed for the holidays and we traveled to PA. (I was planning on running but it poured the whole time.) Add to that holiday cookies and general bad eating and I am not a happy camper! Oh yeah, the other bad thing is that I got my drivers license renewal (we do it every 10 years) and my weight listed on the last one was 135. Okay, I may have fudged a little bit, but lets just say I'm no where near that now.

It's time for a change. Big time.

What does it take to get serious about losing weight? I certainly don't know the answer to that. I think it has to come from inside a person. I know that no one can make someone else lose weight. Maybe at first, but not for the long run. I've been talking about losing that last 10 pounds for the longest time and haven't done it. I don't know if I'm there, but I do know I'm sick of it. That last 10 pounds has turned into 15 and it's not pretty. Now when I talk about losing weight, my goal isn't to be stick thin. I know I'm pushing 40 and 4 babies has done a doosy on my abs. I just want to feel better- to now have that roll when I sit down and to maybe lose one of my chins. I don't think I'm asking too much.

So what's the plan? I'm actually not sure. I'm trying something a little crazy for me, but why not. Here it is: first of all I'm going to write down everything I eat. Everything. I'm so bad at this. I cheat all the time. Not this time. I'm writing down everything. Secondly, I'm eating salads for breakfast. Never done that before. That comes from the book "Born to Run" which I highly recommend. I ate one today and so far am feeling great. After those two things, I'm just going to try to eat more natural and cut out sugar and to increase my water intake. I think those things along with running and adding some serious core work to my running will make the difference.

No comments: