Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Should have stayed in bed!

I was scheduled for an 8 mile run this morning. The plan was to go to the gym and use the treadmill as it's been very hot and humid here. The temp was supposed to be 74 at 5 AM. I figured it would be better for me to stay inside. I was also supposed to do some tempo work so I thought a treadmill would be good for that too. I woke up at 5 and felt very tired. It took me until 5:30 to get myself together and head out the door. On the way to the gym I decided to turn around because I was running so late it would be a stretch for me to finish my workout before hubby had to leave for work. It was getting light out anyway.

As soon as I started to run I knew it was going to be ugly. I felt like I was barely moving. I was soaked from sweat almost immediately. I struggled for almost 2 miles and decided it wasn't worth it. I knew if I kept runing I'd end up hurting myself.... so I walked. I ended up meeting a woman from my neighborhood who is also training to run the Richmond Marathon. It was so nice to talk to her and I ended up being so glad I walked. I ran/walked 4 miles. Not what I intended, but I'm glad I didn't stay in bed afterall!

No comments: