Thursday, August 13, 2009

9 days and counting....

Today is an off day- a very much needed off day. Yesterday I swam and biked. The bike was good, the swim was not. I was so tired when I got up at 5 that I was fighting to keep my eyes open on the way to the pool. I got in 40+ laps (lost count), but couldn't shake the tiredness. I ended up taking a nap around 11:30 AM. It helped tremendously! Later on, I went for a 10 mile bike ride (6:30 PM), and it was great! My legs felt strong and my time was great. I think that 18 mile bike ride on Monday really helped.

I woke up at 7:30 today- didn't feel refreshed, but I know it was good for me. I'm going to try to drink a lot of water today, stretch a little, and just chill. I may even sneak a little nap in there too :)

1 comment:

Mama Fish said...

I was up early again today too... and found myself on the couch snoring (lightly) at 9:30am. Oh my word.. what is up with that?!

I need to get to bed earlier, this 6:30am stuff is so not good when you don't get enough sleep!

Glad your bike ride was good at least... I thought you were going to say you had trouble keeping your eyes open in the pool! Yikes!