Sunday, November 7, 2010

printed half marathon training plan- it's official

Here's the quick low down. I signed up for the Disney Princess Half again. I'm still dealing with the plantar fasciitis and neuroma in my right foot, but I'm able to run. I've decided to go for it. I've been experiencing weird aches and pains and I think a pinched nerve in my back, but I'm going to give this training all I've got. I've got to drop 10 pounds before the end of February. (note to self: those magic bars you just ate at almost 10PM aren't going to get you there).

I went to Runners World and used their Smart Coach feature just to see what date a 16 week program would end on if I started next Monday. I thought I had a lot of time so I wanted to see how much. To my surprise, the date was the actual date of my half. So, I have 17 weeks. Wow. I actually got up to 8 miles two weeks ago before my hamstring started hurting. I backed off but was able to run 4 miles yesterday. Great run. I needed a run like that.

Here's my training schedule for the week. Tomorrow is Yoga, Tuesday is upper body and a 4 mile run, Wednesday is upper body, Thursday is a Body Pump class, Friday is a spin class and Saturday is a 6 mile run. How's that for a week? If I do all that and manage to eat well, I'll be doing great! Oh, and I'm going to look into finding a chiropractor to figure whats going on with the back.

No comments: