Wednesday, November 10, 2010

1st ever chiropractic visit

I went to the chiropractor yesterday. I've been thinking about it for awhile. What finally put me over the edge was this pain that I've been having in my back. I did some research on line and determined it was a pinched nerve. Every time I took a breath I felt like someone was stabbing me in the back.

It was a very interesting visit. To make a long story short, I don't have a pinched nerve- I have a rib out of place. I wasn't expecting that! He said the manipulation would be painful (thankfully it wasn't). I got immediate relief which I am so thankful for. He said no running until it is completely better and I have to go back in tomorrow for another adjustment. It's feeling pretty good so I may cancel my appointment. Of course, being the not follow directions kind of person that I am, I'm thinking about going for a short run tomorrow. He only said not to run because he thought it would make my back hurt. I'm feeling really good so I want to try it. If it hurts, I'll stop and keep my appointment.

He also worked on my foot and said the plantar fasciitis looks really good. He said there's nothing he can do for the neuroma. It's either going to go away or it isn't. That kind of bummed me out. I was hoping he would have a miracle cure. Oh well. It doesn't hurt and I actually can't feel it unless I have my shoes off.

So, overall I'm very happy with my chiropractic visit. I'm praying my rib will stay in place and I don't have to go back.

No comments: