Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thoughts

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted. I've kind of been in a rut. I've done all (almost) my workouts and feel like I'm just going through the motions a little bit. I was mildly sick for almost 10 days (stomach). It was weird, I worked out in the morning and felt mostly fine but by mid-afternoon my stomach cramped. Every day for almost 10 days. I'm pretty sure it's related to being on the pill which I'm on short term. We'll see what happens this month. I'm better now though, and so thankful. It's amazing how when I get sick I realize how much I take my health for granted. Thank you God, for each and every day you've given me.

I leave tomorrow for the trial tri. If I'm honest with myself, I'm terrified. When I get through the swim I'll feel so much better. I just read an article last night about several triathletes who've died during the swim this year. I shouldn't have read it. I'm not really worried about it, but I don't need any doubts right now. On a happier note, this morning I got positive feedback on my swimming. There are some hard-core swimmers at the pool where I swim. About a month ago, one gave me some tips on my kick, which is really bad. Another one today commented that my stroke is much better and I'm swimming faster. He also had a few additional tips for me. I've been working so hard on my kick. It's nice to know it's making a difference. I'll try to incorporate his tips in the next few weeks to see if it makes a difference.

I'll post Friday or Saturday after I finish my trial tri.

No comments: