Friday, July 4, 2008

I DID IT!

It's done. I did my first unofficial triathlon. I am very tired, but nothing hurts and I am encouraged.

I woke up at 5 and headed to the pool for my 40 laps. I can't believe how well it went. I was not tired afterward and not dizzy or lightheaded. My time was 26:43. Not awesome but better than I hoped for. I left the pool very encouraged and feeling great. Off to the bike.

I was a little intimidated by the bike when I mapped my route yesterday. It's way longer than I've ridden. I had a time in my head that I thought I could ride in. Lets just say I didn't come close. I finished the bike in 1:16. I was surprised that I struggled so much. It's not that I felt horrible but I didn't push myself very hard because I was afraid of over working my legs for the run. I definitely need to work on the bike. I'm not discouraged though, I have 7 weeks to train and that's plenty of time. Now for the worst part...

Oh my legs were tired for the run. So much for trying to save my legs. I was exhausted. I was trying to keep my focus mentally, but it was hard. I thought going into it that my legs would feel better as the run went on. They did periodically, but overall they were just tired. Another area I need to work on. My time was 32:17 which translates to a 9:31 minute per mile. I hope I can run much faster on race day.

When I was done, I was exhausted. In fact, I'm off to get a nap soon. I feel so empowered. I know I can do it. I am so glad I did the whole thing because now I know where I need to work. I've got some serious work to do on the bike and the transition to run. I've spent so much time on the swim that I've neglected the other areas. 7 weeks tomorrow and counting.

1 comment:

Mama Fish said...

Wow! I'm impressed!!