Monday, July 14, 2008

forced rest

I've been taking the past few days off... I pulled my hamstring. I'm not sure how I did it. I think it was last Tuesday. I was feeling especially tired on my way to the gym but did a Jillian workout and then ran. I struggled through the whole thing and by the evening my hamstring was very sore. Wednesday was even worse, but I swam anyway. I took Thursday and Friday off. Saturday I woke up with a headache so I didn't bike. However, Kevin and I went mountain biking Saturday (thanks, Barbara) and I had a killer workout. I wiped out once and had some trouble with Kevin's bike. It wouldn't shift to the easiest gears. I almost didn't make it up a few hills, but I figured it was a better workout in the long run. Yesterday I ran 4 miles and today I swam and biked and then ran with Bailee (while pushing the double jogging stroller!). So.... I guess I'm back on track.

I made my hotel reservation for the trial run on August 1st. I'm going to go by myself which should be interesting. It's starting to seem real to me. I have a little less than six weeks left. In a way that's a long time, but I also know it will fly by. I feel really good about my bike workout today. It was on the indoor trainer (which I can't stand!) and I really pushed myself. I've got to get that bike time down. Tomorrow I'm going to do some core work and run on the treadmill and try a tempo run. I'm giving up Jillian for the time being. I think it's just too much stress on my already fatigued muscles.

No comments: