Sunday, January 23, 2011

10 miles!

Well, I passed the 10 mile test. I was especially anxious about yesterdays run because I haven't run 10 miles since the Princess last year and by 10 miles I was walking. My fascia ripped at 9 miles and things went downhill from there.

I couldn't sleep on Friday night and was up way before my alarm on Saturday. I also got my period on Friday so that always makes me stress about running. The good news there is that I won't have it for the race. That is a huge answer to prayer!

It was 17 degrees when I started running. I ran with Julie (my usual running buddy) and Alice joined us for about 6 miles. It was FREEZING! It took almost 4 miles for my fingers to get warm. Everything else was fine and there were actually times I was sweating. There was a wind, though so I'd go from sweating to freezing. I'm posting my splits just so I have them. It really helps to look back and see what my pace was. I do know that they were too fast. All my long runs have been too fast this year. They are over a minute faster than last year's training. I'm not sure why. I'm not trying to run fast. In face, Julie and I are always saying we need to slow down and it feels like we're slowing down, but we're not. My training plan says I should be running them at a 10:33 pace.

Average Pace 9:33

Mile 1 9:54
Mile 2 9:18
Mile 3 9:18
Mile 4 9:23
Mile 5 9:32
Mile 6 9:28
Mile 7 9:25
Mile 8 9:32
Mile 9 9:49
Mile 10 9:47

I felt great at the end of the run and definitely could have kept running. My foot hurt a little on the last half mile. I iced it twice and stretched a lot. My right hip has been really tight after my longer runs. I've found rolling it out on a foam roller really helps.

5 weeks to race day! I'm so excited!

No comments: