Friday, June 20, 2008

trisuit and more in NYC

I am in NYC with Kevin for a mini-vacation. While we're here I thought I'd try to get some workouts in. I did horribly last week as Kevin was away and my sister was visiting. I actually freaked out for the first time and had some doubts as to whether or not I can do this. I went six days without doing anything and then when I had to do a long run, I completely lost my confidence. It's amazing how fast I lost my fitness, at least I thought I did.

Anyway, here I am in NYC and I did a spin class today and also ran. Yesterday I did some core work and tomorrow I'm running. It's been a productive time.

The highlight of this trip (or you'll see soon, the low point) was that I bought my outfit for the triathlon. We went to a tri store called SBR. I really struggled with what to wear and knew I needed to try on some stuff. I must have tried on at least 10 different things and let me say it was quite humbling. There wasn't a mirror so I depended on Kevin to let me know how things looked. Let me say, I didn't need a mirror to figure out things weren't looking too good. Have you ever tried on a one piece TIGHT spandex outfit? It is not a fun experience. I did end up buying one, and it's motivated me big time to work on my weight, (specifially my stomach). I'm going to embarass myself if I don't do something. I've really learned about my issues with body image and how I thought I looked a certain way and don't. (That's a whole other post.)

So, I'm officially ready. I have 10 weeks of training left (maybe nine?) and I'm scared. I'm hoping if I put the time in and stick to the schedule things will be okay.

No comments: