Friday, May 2, 2008

Race Results- Thank you Jillian!

I finally saw my race results for the 5K I did last month. I had just finished Jillian Michaels 30 day Making the Cut program and wanted to see if I was stronger. I ran 2x a week during her program and my goal was to run somewhere around an 8:30 pace. (Last year my pace for the Women's 4 miler was exactly 8:30 and I was running 3-4 times a week). Anyway, my time was 25:58 which translates to an 8:21 pace. WOW! I am so psyched!

I am a believer in Jillian. (Not that I wasn't before.) I haven't lost a significant amount of weight (5 pounds), but am much stronger and toned. I'm running another 5K next weekend and am afraid it won't be quite so good. I'm in the middle of doing her 30 day program again (day 12) and my body is tired. Plus, I'm doing the circuits twice instead of once. I think I'll probably be fatigued when I run. I probably shouldn't run it, but they have great grab bag prizes at the end and last year I won something. A friend suggested I just run it for fun and not worry about time. Anyone who knows me at all, knows that it's impossible for me to do that. I don't have the ability to restrain myself in a race. Never have and never will.

No comments: