Sunday, December 12, 2010

Go Shutterfly!

I posted previously about the promotion Shutterfly is having: giving away 50 photo cards in exchange for a blog about their holiday cards. I've spent some time looking at their website and the choices of cards they offer. Now, I may not be the most experienced card shopper out there. I admit, I tend to look on the cheaper side of things. Although my dream is to get creative with my holiday cards, I always revert to the old standby: postcard layout with a simple picture of the girls. I have to report that I an in Shutterfly dream-land. I am impressed with their cards (and not only Christmas photo cards). I've found some cards that I am in love with!

And the first card I fell in love with was this one:

You just can't get any more classic than that. Black and white, red monogram accent; I love it! I've always loved black and white photographs. They are just so timeless. I love that the card has space for six photos. We are a family of six and we could fit everyone into their own space. Ultimately, that is what I ended up not liking about this card. I can't figure out how to arrange the photos. I don't like the idea of six individual pictures and the combinations of people don't work out equally. Although I love this card, I decided to keep searching.


Here is my perfect card:



I LOVE the colors, and the layout is perfect for our family picture. This is the perfect card for a family of 6. I have the whole thing designed. In the middle is a group picture of the six of us with individual pictures of the girls on the sides. That really appeals to be because I feel like you can get a better sense of their personalities through multiple pictures.

Although it doesn't have the classic feel of the first card, the colors are clean and crisp. The black and white pictures are a nice contrast to the colors. Even though I don't think I'll be using black and white pictures, I like that there are only two colors on the card. My color pictures won't make the card to busy. The pictures are arranged so as not to be distracting (I like the symmetry.) I also love that I can personalize the card on the inside. This is such a step up from our usual postcard type Christmas card.

To be honest, although I love sending Christmas cards, my hearts desire is to do a photo calendar for my parents and even myself. If I ever get organized and start planning for Christmas before December actually hits, this link has everything I need: http://www.shutterfly.com/calendars. While I'm getting myself organized, my goal was to get my tween daughter some "cool" writing paper for Christmas this year. It didn't happen. If it had, it would have looked like this: http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/notepads
http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/notepads/candy-bracelet-notepad?sortType=1&storeNode=60314

Oh well, I guess she'll have to wait another year to be cool. In the meantime I hope to enjoy my awesome Christmas cards!




No comments: