Thursday, December 23, 2010

10 weeks until the Princess Half

I actually should have written this post on Sunday as it's now almost 9 weeks until the race. I'm feeling AWESOME and my training is going exceptionally well. I've decided I'm going to go for it and try to break 2 hours in the half. I've also decided that the key to that happening is to drop 10 pounds. That's 1 pound a week- definitely do-able. My starting weight as of last Sunday is 155.2. If I can get down to 145 it will be amazing!

Here are my workouts for this week:
Monday- 2 mile easy run
Tuesday-off
Wednesday- 7 mile speedwork on the treadmill (3x1600 at an 8:34 pace)
Thursday-off
Friday- 8 mile long run (Christmas Eve)
Saturday and Sunday-off (Christmas Day in PA)

I need to pick up a few more days of working out and specifically work on strength training. The running has been going really well and my plantar fasciitis is great.

As far as weight loss goes; my goal for the week is just to eat sensibly and drink more water. Let's be realistic- it's Christmas. I'm making 7 different kinds of cookies and moderation is the only way to go. I'll be at my in-laws for the weekend and obviously only have so much control over what I eat. I'm going to try to make good choices. Once the holidays are over I'll try to be more strict with my eating.

2 comments:

Mama Fish said...

It's really only 9 weeks away??? That's so soon!

Anonymous said...

You can do it - i'm rooting for 1:55 for you!! :)