Friday, September 12, 2008

Recovery

It's been three weeks since the race and I've sturggled a little with focus and motivation. I guess that's natural after training for so long. I ran a 4 mile race with my oldest daughter the week after the tri. She did great! I was so proud of her. Her goal was to run the whole thing without walking which she did without a problem. She was able to really pick up the pace at the end and had a great kick through the finish. Way to go Bailee!

I was wiped out after the race and actually sore. I didn't push myself so I was confused. I think it was still from the tri. I took the week off after straining my hamstring doing a workout video with my husband (that's a whole different post!). I've been semi working out ever since. I just can't seem to pull myself out of bed in the morning. I think I just need something to work towards.

Anyway, I've been thinking about the triathlon and how poorly I did on the bike. I'm really mad at myself. What I didn't mention in my first post was how much my seat hurt during the race. I knew it wasn't the most comfortable seat, but WOW I was in pain! My bottom hurt so much that I was almost in tears by the end. I was in pain for several days afterwards. I know that was a factor. I need a new seat! I haven't ridden my bike since the race and I won't until I get a new seat.

That's where I am right now. Recovery and searching for something new.

No comments: