Monday, May 19, 2008

One more day

Tomorrow is my last day of "Making the Cut" round 2. I haven't been as faithful this round (I probably missed 5 days). I also stopped doing the circuits twice. I wasn't getting stronger, just feeling fatigued and run down. On Wednesday I start my official triathlon training. I have 96 days left until my race. In a way, it feels like a long time; but on the other hand, the way time flies in my life, it's not long at all.

I ended up running the 5K a few weeks ago, and just as I predicted, I didn't do as well. My legs were heavy and I knew from the first mile I was in trouble. My first mile time was 8:40- not what I wanted it to be. The funny thing is I felt like I was really pushing myself. My official time was 26:19 which translates to a 8:28 mile. It's still under 8:30 so I can't be that disappointed. My plan is to stick with the triathlon training for the next few weeks and throw in a 5K on the 4th of July. It's a really hilly course and usually very humid. Last year my pace was 8:30 so I hope to do at least that this year. I don't know if my legs will be tired. I overheard someone at my last race talking about how biking really messes up your legs for running. I guess that explains why the transition from bike to run in a triathlon is supposed to be the hardest.

Speaking of that- I did my first "brick" this past weekend. I biked about 25 minutes and then ran a little over 2 miles. It was a very weird feeling. I read that it's good to run after every bike ride to get your legs used to the transition. I'm going to try doing just that.

No comments: