Thursday, September 29, 2011

Training again....

I've managed to neglect this blog again. Life just continues to consume me. I really want a place where I can look back on my training and learn from it, or even just relive it. I'm currently training for the Richmond Half. The Princess last year was not what I had hoped (I never did post that blog). Let's just say the heat and humidity got to me and I didn't meet my goal. I did the IronGirl again this year (again, not what I had hoped). Realistically I wasn't trained for the tri (might be a good idea to ride my bike on the road more than once before the race next time!)

I've realized that my first love is running. I've know that forever, but injuries led me to triathlons. I hate them. I dread them. I'm not doing them anymore. Just saying that makes me feel better.

So, back to running I go. My half is in 6 weeks and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm not sure I'll be 100% prepared to go for my goal (sub 2 hours), but I'm going to train like I am. My biggest obstacle is my mind. I'm struggling with confidence, but I'm working on it. As I get older, I find I have less ability to push myself through the tough parts of a workout. Oh, to be young and fearless!

Anyway, I'm going to try to blog from here on out. If for nothing else to be able to look back on my training and tweak it if I need to before the Princess in February, because that 2 hour mark is going down!

No comments: