Thursday, February 11, 2010

Let the countdown begin!

I've been MIA again. What else is new? I'm not going there.

It's officially 25 days until my half marathon. It's been a tough winter for training here. We've gotten blasted with snow and it's been impossible to train outside on a regular basis. That said, I've done pretty well keeping up with my training schedule. I did skip a 2 mile run today, but I just couldn't motivate myself to get out of my warm bed at 4:45 AM and face the bitter cold and icy roads for a 2 mile run. (Okay, okay- it was going to be inside on a treadmill but I didn't want to face the cold having to get to the gym.) I don't think it will matter in the long run. I'm scheduled to do another 10 this weekend and things are looking good.

So... 25 days left. Right now I'm feeling like I can do the distance (I've done 2-10 milers). I'm not feeling very good about the speed part. I've done some speed work on the treadmill which has been okay- but not great. I have a big track workout coming up on Tuesday and that will be telling. It's supposed to be 8 miles with 4x16 at an 8:20 pace with 800 jogs. I am not confident I can do 4 miles at an 8:20 pace. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.

Other than that, I've got 3 long runs left- 10, 11 and 12 miles. That killer track workout and one more 7 mile tempo run. And that's it. I'm determined to break 2 hours and hopefully, my training will be enough.

No comments: