Thursday, October 2, 2008

All signed up!

I'm officially signed up for the half marathon. I'm excited! I've also joined a group at sparkpeople.com of women who are also running it. I'm hoping it will motivate me to lose those 10 (now 15) pounds I've been struggling with.

I'm running a 5K this weekend at my 20th high school reunion. Just typing that feels weird. How did 20 years go by so quickly? I don't feel that old! Sometimes when I catch a glimpse of myself at the right angle I look that old, but most of the time I'm in denial and think I still look pretty young. Well, I'm not trained for the 5K (I'm noticing a pattern here.) It's on the cross country course which I think means it will be a little harder than running on the road. But, on the positive side; it's better for my legs. I think I've run maybe 4 times since the 10K and gained 5 pounds. Should be interesting...

No comments: