Thursday, February 21, 2008

Challenge

As I started my triathlon training, my goal was to use the winter to build a base and start serious training in the spring. I've got about 15 pounds to drop and thought the base phase was a good time to do so. The only problem is, I haven't dropped a pound. I've been working out since November and haven't lost a single ounce, in fact I've gained. Now, I know my problem. I'm a horrible eater. It's a good thing I do workout because if I didn't I'd have a lot more pounds to lose. I just can't seem to be able to put the whole thing together. I've got to lose this weight!

If you know me at all, you know my favorite show in the whole world is The Biggest Loser. My husband thinks I'm obsessed (he's right). I listen to Jillian Michaels podcasts when I work out and just love to see people transform their lives. If I had the chance to redo my youth, I'd be a physical therapist or personal trainer. I would LOVE to be on The Biggest Loser or even have Jillian or Bob train me for a week... or six. I know that's impossible so I try to come up with creative ways to motivate myself.

So.. I called my husband at work today and issued the following challenge. We have exactly two weeks until we leave on vacation. We will both weigh ourselves in the morning and the one who drops the biggest percentage of weight between now and then (March 7th) wins. The first question he asked is "What do you win?" I hadn't even thought of that! For me, it's all about the challenge. I'll have to think of something good. I know I'm going to lose, but that's okay. I'm really just looking for something to motivate me and get me going on the right track again. I probably won't post my actual weight here, but hopefully I'll be able to say I lost weight two weeks from now. Bring it on!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Well, I must say I'm impressed with your blog. I'm sitting here smiling as I read it. In order to help you along, I'm coming home with a resistence trainer for your bike. Now you can log some miles in the saddle without exposure to the cold or rain. And, you shouldn't be falling out of your clips (unless the dog knocks you over, in which case you'd fall into the fireplace. Ouch, that would be a hard fall, wouldn't it?)

Mama Fish said...

Great challenge! What a sweet dh you have to bring home a resistence trainer for your bike...who needs flowers or anything when you could have that! Of course I have no idea what that is..... lol!